Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Secret to Getting to the Gym in the Morning

Wow! I didn't think there would be so much interest in "the secret" but some of you have been talking about it and asking me about it in social media.  Sorry it took me an extra day to get this out.  I was busy with work and at the gym :)

So I am sorry to say but there really isn't a secret. You have to just get up and GO! We tend to over think things to much.  The more time you give yourself to talk yourself out of going the more likely you are to NOT go.

Here is analogy for you.  At my family's vacation spot in Maine there is a bridge everyone jumps off into the ocean.  Now this is not a huge bridge I see 10 year olds jumping.  But I have also seen grown adults psych themselves out.  You can always tell who is really going to do it.  The people who go up, step over the railing and just jump always go. But, the ones who go up there...look how far it is, think about it or even step over the railing and just hang there thinking it over almost NEVER jump.  They psych themselves out and give their mind enough time to talk themselves out of it.

It's the same thing in the morning. If you dilly dally and give yourself time to think about going back to bed (what I usually do) or other reasons not to go you will almost always talk yourself out of it.  But if you roll out of bed, go pee, get dressed, make that protein shake and get in the car you are probably not going to change your mind half way there.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment