Monday, October 29, 2012

Veggie Breakfast Casserole

I am a huge fan of batch cooking but breakfast had been an issue for me.  So I came up with this casserole idea that can be batch cooked on the weekend.  Keeps for most of the week in the fridge or can be frozen to last longer.  On a usual morning I eat 1/4 cup oats and 4 egg whites.  I specifically made this recipe so I would be getting those servings and it would be easy to measure out.  I included both the exact measurements if you are using fresh ingredients and the easy bag sizes if using frozen.

Veggie Breakfast Casserole
 

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1/2 Tsp Oregeno
2 cups of dry oatmeal (I use Shoprite Instant)
32 Egg Whites
3 1/2 cups Frozen Spinach-Half of a 20oz bag
3 3/4 cups Mixed Pepper Stips- Entire 14oz bag
1 1/3 cups Frozen Chopped Onions-Half of a 12oz bag

Instructions:

1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray 
3) Pour all ingredients into casserole dish
4) Cook on 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through
5) Divide into 8 equal portions
Serving Size: Serving size: 1 of the 8 equal portions: Calories: 208, Total Fat:1.3g, Sodium: 361.3mg, Total Carbs: 18.9g, Sugars: 2g
Nutritional Info from Sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment